Earth Ocean Farms
- Pristine offshore site in the Sea of Cortez, Baja Mexico
- Founder Pablo Konietzko, a determined self-starter with 20 years of aquaculture experience in Colombia and Spain, believes offshore production leads to healthier, more sustainable seafood products
- Partnering with Ocean Farms Technology to develop production methods using submersible Aquapods
- Largest deep water open ocean farm in the world
- Uses innovative submersible SeaStations from Ocean Spar to raise our fish.
- Our farm is 7 miles offshore, on the Atlantic coast of Panama.
- Single largest supplier of fresh cobia to the US
- 800 metric tons in 2013, projecting 1,300 metric tons in 2014 and growing.
- Open Blue Cobia is delicious, nutritious, great tasting, and versatile. Its taste and texture are similar to Pacific halibut and Chilean sea bass.
- Cobia is a fast growing, warm water species. It can be grown efficiently from egg to market in little over a year.
- There is strong demand for the product in worldwide markets.
InnovaSea Systems Inc.
With over 20 years of experience “in the water” with submersible Net Pens, InnovaSea believes open ocean aquaculture is vital to meeting the world’s growing demand for sustainable seafood.
- Dedicated to supporting open-ocean aquaculture businesses by producing innovative, environmentally-focused sustainable technologies and service solutions for the industry.
- Delivers proven, patented net pen technology with successful harvest histories. Successful deployment has been seen in many countries such as Spain, Portugal, Korea, Panama, Mexico and the United States.
- InnovaSea continues to develop a fully integrated open-ocean farming platform.
- The company continues to secure design and engineering talent in its mission to create the next generation of products for the open-ocean fish farming industry.
- InnovaSea is furthering plans for outreach to aquaculture companies by accelerating research and development, advancing support for responsible aquaculture operations in the open ocean and using fully integrated fish farming platforms.
As the recognized leader in the oyster culture industry in Mexico, Sol Azul offers the finest organic oysters in the international market. Praised for their quality, taste, and freshness, the four-season Pacific Oyster remains consistent year-round.
- Founded in 1993 by Pedro Noriega-Curtis, a Biochemical Engineer with a Masters of Science in Aquaculture and Fisheries Management and Philippe Danigo, a Marine Biologist and 3rd generation descendant of commercial oyster farmers.
- The oyster farms are located in the El Vizcaino Biosphere Reserve in Baja California, some of the most pristine waters in the world.
- Operates above ground oyster growing systems, and grows both the Kumamoto and Pacific Oysters.
- Oysters are marketed live in-the-shell, and can be delivered within 36 hours of harvest to any major U.S. destination.